Saturday 31 December 2016

Lookpost: Breakfast at Tiffany's


Good morning beautiful people 
I trust the holidays are treating you well :)

For most or all bloggers this time of the year means no blogging and only holidaying but for me on the other hand it's blogging because I have a bit of free time on my hands to do a blogpost. 
This is however my last blogpost for the year and I would like to thank each of you, whether a follow, a comment, a like, reading my blog, what ever you did that somehow contributed to my blog, a heartfelt Thank You.
The blogging world has been good in terms of growth, I met some really inspiring people, attended some awesome events, had some interesting times on Voice of the Cape radio this year, talking about modesty and exercise to Echi from Halaalife and on the show Covermode I spoke to Roshan Isaacs about my blog and a recent one about summer trends. Lastly a change I've also seen is my blog stats that have grown tremendously compared to a year ago.


On a more personal level I feel I am more confident woman than what I was at the beginning of the year. In terms of work the year started of a bit rocky but I have learned, grown and gained so much experience in my field and I'm so grateful for that. As a mother to my three year old daughter, Oooh, I still feel I need all the patience in the world, that topic needs a blogpost on its own but she's our blessing and I shukr Allah everyday for that. As a wife I don't have any complaints except the house chores and cooking never ends, ongoing cycle hey hehehe. Will you believe me when I say we celebrated our twelfth wedding anniversary last week, feels like only yesterday when we tied the knot but each year our bond and love for each other grows stronger, Alhamdulilaah❤


Lets talk about this look I wore to a event themed Breakfast at Tiffany's, and that's why I choose this title for the blogpost.
This look was inspired by the iconic style icon Audrey Hepburn, to think what she wore more than half a century ago is still in style. I went with a monochrome look, so her right? The skirt is perfect for a sophisticated look and can be dressed down with sandals for a more casual look aswell. Audrey loved midi skirts, I styled mine with a black bell sleeve lacer cut top. I think they went perfect together creating the contrast between black and white. For shoes I wore black laceup heels, also with a bit of lacer cut matching the outfit. I usually love over accessorizing but for this look I had to keep myself to a minimum because the outfit already gave that edge. I wore my favourite white tassle earings and for final touches I added the black hat.
 It's the first time I wore a scarf under my hat, I felt it really secured my hat and I didn't have to worry about it falling off or blowing away and best of all my hair was covered. The cute black bag I saw the night before the event, I could not resist it and had to have it. For a true Audrey look I did not forget the bold lip, cat eye and filled eyebrows.


I really enjoyed doing this photoshoot with Capturing Concepts Photography  at Claremont Gardens. The event I attended was held in Claremont so we thought it would be great to meet there.
They captured everything so perfectly from the details of the bag, tying my heels laces, checking if my hat is still intact and even some moments while on the phone with my husband.


Outfit details:
Woolworths hat/ Lovisa Tassle earings/ YDE top, skirt and sunglasses/ River Island Laceup heels/ Aldo bag


It's the last day of the year and we officially saying goodbye to 2016, whether it's been a good or bad year for you or a mixture of the two we say fairwell and hello to new beginnings. Good luck and Happy New Year!


Thank you for reading my blog and always remember to keep Shining!

Xoxo Nadia SS

No comments:

Post a Comment